Tuesday 16 October 2012

Plot Discourse (In chronological order)

         This will guide me to producing my short film, My plot discourse (in chronological order).
  • Action - Jonathan encounters a deranged citizen, to which the citizen attacks innoccent man. The innoccent man runs as far as possible, but trips and falls to the ground, while the deluded citizen attacks Jonathan.                                                                                                                       Jonathan attacks the deluded citizen, trying to subdue his him. The deluded citizen falls to the ground suddenly, and Jonathan asks why he was attacked, and after finishes his opponent with a final crushing blow.                                  

  • Dialogue -                                                                                                                         
Jonathan - (Narrating) Earth. 2013.A.D. Our universe, the Cosmos. At least, my universe. I'm sending this message through sonar transceivers and those sonar transceivers are communicating via satellite, and those satellites are being transported far across the universe into the nearest black hole, which was later discovered in my reality; as a portal to another dimension. Namely: your universe. But that's another tale.
Every universe right this instant is in dire threat of destruction, because of my universe. I'll name mine Uni. 1, and yours Uni 2. Uni 1 had constructed super computers that would quickly respond to medical situations for those with body augmentations. The body augmentations which I speak of are modified prosthetics for people with discarded limbs, or even neural hardware for uses of specific tasks such as; piloting helicopters or learning the forgotten Latin language in seconds. These (so called) super computers are funded by the largest sciencing organisations in the world. These organisations monitor everyone's movements through their own security methods. The augmentations people receive are used as trackers to monitor your steps and watch your behaviour. At first, people thought it was an invasion of privacy, but now they believe the links to the decrease in crime worldwide, is exactly this. You no longer get the choice of being human in this world, it's taken from you from birth. And right now, Uni 1's technology is beyond Uni 2's, by the slightest advancement.                                                                                                                                               First of all, what you need to know about me is that I'm part of a certain group that excludes itself from these organisations. This group's aim is to remain pure human, and live life as common humans. We hide, we fight, and we live. Za Furi. That's what we call ourselves. It translates from Japanese as "The Free". Japan is where it started, it's only right we keep it. My name is Jonathan Stanston. And I'm part of Za Furi.
Right now, and to the least of my knowledge, I'm the last survivor of Earth in Universe 1, and I'm seeking your help across this impossible gap.
Before I tell you any more, you should know that I now have augmentations integrated into my body... It wasn't my choice. Right now you should be seeing my memory history. This log, shows where I first encountered the hacks. Watch it, and you'll see.
December 21st, 2012.
United Kingdom
Jonathan - Excuse me? Are you okay? 
(narrating) Let me make this clear, this was before my augmentation. Way before.
Drone - (screaming) HELP!
Jonathan - ...Sir?
(narrating) There and then he died right before me. I didn't know at the time, because... That wasn't him standing. There's no way to explain, so I'll just show you.
Drone - (screams) 
Jonathan - (narrating) He  began pursuing me. Eyes targeted on me. So I ran, as useless as I could be. The only way I could stop him from killing me was, knocking him unconscious. Which sounded easy at the time.
Jonathan - What the Hell do you want with me!?
(narrating) I turned around and fought, otherwise, it just wasn't going to stop. And after I put in all my might... He collapsed, not dead, just.. collapsed.
Drone: (whispers) Humans...
Jonathan - Humans?.. What are you?
Drone - Death...
Jonathan - Why are you trying to kill me?
Drone - All humans... have to die...
Jonathan - (narrating) I had no idea what was happening. This guy wasn't moving like a human, so something must be seriously wrong. I knew by then that I had to prevent all this from happening. What was predicted as the end of the world, was not for your world. And now I'll keep on fighting. Of course I will.

  • Most sound effects will be realistic, with minor exceptions on the person's head gear, and while in action briefly.

  • Shot types will consist of;
- Wide angle
- Close-up
- Medium Close-up
- Canted
- Cross-cut
- Over-the-shoulder
- First-person (P.O.V)
- Tracking

  • Locations
The main location for the action sequence will consist of the outskirts of a town, most likely; Norwich. The location will come into better detail for staying away from public locations, from higher security.
If by imagining this type of environment:

Though the city doesn't have to be shown itself, It will give the impression of a vibrant metropolis within the film, near the filming location. Or I could utilize shots of a city from my proposed parrallel universe theory and show how they're different by describing in narration.






Next steps for advancing into producing my short film will be to reproduce a new and much more suitable storyboard, and then convert it into an animatic.

1 comment:

  1. an interesting strat - i am intrigued to see how you will film it - be careful to meet the brief - we are dong the 'SHORT FILM' Option and as such it must be a film complete in it's entirty - with all the elements - beginning/middle/end, (todorov)enigma/expansion of theme/resolution and character - heros journey (Propp) applies well here. ADD REFLECTIVE COMMENT AND DEVELOP A SYRONG ENDING THAT WILL BE CLEAR FOR YOUR AUDIENCE.
    HY 18/10/12

    ReplyDelete