Wednesday 14 November 2012

Film editing ideas

Throughout the course of which my film plays, I've had some ideas on visualisng different styles for it. As it is a Post-Modern concept, I have the upper hand on playing wih the genres.
  • One concept I noticed on several media products is the use of placing big, bold keywords as the film plays. Examples of this includes films such as:
Scott Pilgrim vs. the world - This film is created to look exactly like pages from a graphic novel. So keywords and images are displayed to show understanding for the audience about small subjects that are hinted at briefly.



  • A huge amount of films use "after effects", especially for filters to change the films images from bright to dull. My film, if any filters were to be included, woud be presented with saturated colours, to appear dusky. An example of good filtering would be:

The Matrix - When in the computer world within the Matrix, the entire film gets a slight green tint. And when in the real world, it returns to default. Therefore it establishes where and what the characters within the film are up to, and you will always be infromed what world they are in.
These are just ideas that I'm concucting, I may not neccessarily come back to these ideas, as they may have disastrous effects on my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment