Monday 8 October 2012

Drivers/Barriers of films

This is for myself to recognise what my audiences may enjoy or dislike before the initial presentation of my short film project.

Drivers: Drivers for the film industry may depend on big-budget Hollywood actors/actresses, directors, producers. What may also enforce the audiences to watch the film, may be an adaptation of a book or a remake of a classic film.
Some of My Drivers: Actors:

  • Edward Norton
  • Morgan Freeman
  • Will Smith      
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger 
  • Patrick Stewart
  • Will Ferrel
  • Scarlett Johansson 
  • Megan Fox
























Directors:

  • Christopher Nolan
  • David Fincher
  • Ridley Scott
  • The Wachowski Brothers
  • Guy Ritchie 
  • Matthew Vaughn











All these Drivers immediately pull me to watch the film as soon as possible, whether it would be solving a mind boggling narrative structure or just simple eye candy.

Barriers: Barriers for the film industry may include some cast of a film that you've never heard of before, or whom you dislike, or continuous strings of sequels and similar films made by the same people.
Some of My Barriers: Actors:

  • Steven Seagal
  • Nicholas Cage
  • Charlton Heston
Directors:

  • Michael Bay
  • Tyler Perry
  • Paul W.S. Anderson
Though some of these Barriers put me off seeing films that include them in some way, It won't stop me completely if there's an ensemble of drivers and barriers together, or even genres and filming styles. The barriers (I find) are hard for people to neglect, especially when so many films are conceived nearly every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment